Happy Monday friends! Today is my day to show you the quilt top I created for Mister Domestic's Blog Party to celebrate his new line Loved to Pieces for Art Gallery Fabrics. I was very excited when Mathew asked me to be a part of this special occasion! His debut line! And what a gorgeous one at that.
When I saw the whole line of fabrics, I was instantly drawn to the Anthonem Serene print which is the main star of this quilt - the floral low volume print. I really wanted to create a soothing and calm quilt. I picked a few more prints from his collection and a single solid in Icy Mint to help highlight the colors in the Anthonem print.
I love the variety of scale in all of these prints. A few are small enough to make an impact in some smaller cuts of fabric and some more spaced out prints that almost look like a solid but have a fun hint of color and print.
I decided to make a updated version of my Ferry Crossing quilt pattern in throw size. Instead of having two focal fabrics (Feature Cross and Feature HST) I decided on using the Anthonem as both to give it a really low volume look. I love the way your eye can just easily roll over the quilt and bounce back and forth off of the little hints of solid prints.
I had intended to get this quilted before the bloghop but ya know... summer happened. But I can't wait to get it quilted nonetheless! I did have some fun taking photos of this quilt in my house. Here is a bit of a peak-a-boo series haha. A little sexy I think? Yeah? ....Weird? .....Maybe?
This quilt really wants me to sit by a body of water somewhere and listen to the waves crashing.
We took the top out on this beautiful tree lined street in SE Portland and I love how the light plays in the trees.
Be sure to check out everyone else's amazing makes to celebrate Loved to Pieces!
MISTER DOMESTIC’S LOVED TO PIECES BLOG PARTY
- Monday July 16: Amanda Woodruff of A Crafty Fox
- Tuesday July 17: Sharon Holland of Sharon Holland Designs
- Wednesday July 18: Angela Wolf of Angela Wolf Pattern Collection
- Thursday July 19: Brittany Jones of Brittany Jones
- Friday July 20: Sharon McConnell of Color Girl Quilts
- Saturday July 21: Elina Temmes of Elina Temmes
- Monday July 23: Meghan Buchanan of Then Came June
- Tuesday July 24: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
- Wednesday July 25: Cristy Stuhldreher of I Love You Sew
- Thursday July 26: Kate Basti of Quilt with Kate
- Friday July 27: Courtney Davis posting at Melly Sews
- Sunday July 29: Mimi Goodwin of Mimi G Style
- Monday July 30: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Tuesday July 31: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
- Wednesday August 1: Saija Kiiskinen of Saija Kiiskinen
- Thursday August 2: Jodi Godfrey of Tales of Cloth
- Sunday August 5: Brett Lewis of Natural Born Quilter
- Monday August 6: Karen Tripp of The DIY Addict
- Tuesday August 7: Tracy Martin of Tracy Bug Creative
- Wednesday August 8: Sharon Burgess of Lilabelle Lane Creations
- Thursday August 9: Maureen Cracknell of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
- Friday August 10: Kylie Gersekowski of Little Moo Designs
Also! There is an awesome giveaway going on on Mathew's Instagram feed. Be sure to enter before the week is over!